A Sterilization technician works to prepare, sterilize, install, assemble, and clean all operatories and dental equipment required for dental procedures
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
· Prepare treatment rooms, instruments, and tray setups for dental procedures.
· Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
· Assist the dentist during examinations and treatment procedures when needed.
· Conduct work in compliance with office policies and procedures, safety, and OSHA guidelines.
· Perform diagnostic quality dental radiographic procedures. (Once trained and certified)
· Assist in supporting patient retention by following established scheduling guidelines and protocols.
· Maintain an appropriate office environment through cooperation and teamwork.
· Open and close office.
· Assist with other duties as assigned.
· Understanding of health & safety regulations
· Good computer skills
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Attention to detail
· Well-organized and reliable
· High school diploma
· Dental experience preferred but not required